Friday, May 15, 2009

A Surprise Haircut

Right after his cut...still long bangs
my big boy

Last night, when I was putting Sean to sleep, his memory again, amazed me. He popped up and said the blue train blew it's horn. I asked him what train and he told me that it was the train in the movie, Cars. We had just watched the movie that day and that scene must have been important to him :).



Today Sean didn't have school which meant that I had to plan some activities for us. We ran some errands and then, I surprised Sean when we pulled up to a hair salon for his haircut. I usually drive all the way to Kenner to take him to a place that specializes in children's cuts. This new place was local and was advertised in a children's directory. However, the woman told me that they won't cut hair of children who cry, which Sean sometimes does. I was really mad because they advertise that they cut children's hair and I know that some children do cry. Well, she swooped him up and took him to get his hair cut and asked me to stay behind, because he would probably cry if he saw me. Sean did great!! No tears and I could hear him telling her about his bo-bo on his arm and something about police cars. Since I surprised him with this and he didn't want to do it and since he didn't cry, he got a toy when it was finished. My baby is growing up. This was the 1st haircut with no tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment