Friday, March 27, 2009

Adventures in Shopping


Today, we got ready early and headed to Metairie, going over the "big bridge" to play with one of our mommy groups. On the way there, Sean saw an ambulance. He loves any type of emergency cars (ambulances, fire trucks, police cars, etc.). He said, "look, Mommy an "amulance". "Amulance goes vroom, vroom". Then, he saw a firetruck and said, "firetruck goes vroom". I don't know why the truck only got one vroom-lol! Then, we went to Lakeside Mall to meet our friends. First, we saw the Easter Bunny. Sean was much more at ease with Santa Claus. I think because he could see Santa's face. We finally got a picture, but with no smile, but he is still so cute! Then, the fun part. The train!! Sean loves trains. We had a train come to the house for his birthday party, so he had been on one before. He rode it like a big boy (holding on with both hands) and looking so intently. One ride wasn't enough, so he rode one more time. He could have rode that all day. Next, we went to the Disney store which Sean loves. Then, we had lunch at the food court and Sean displayed why he is usually in the stroller. After, he had enough of his chicken strips, he made a run for it and ran into a shoe store. After, I got him, I sat him back down, but he was off again. It was back in the stroller after that. Then, we did some clothes shopping and while in one store, the word I had been dreading came. I had let a cuss word slip about 2 wks ago and Sean has been good about not repeating it often, but today, he had fun not only saying it, but shouting it in the store. I held my head down, paid for the clothes for Sean and pushed his stroller out of the store at a running pace! I think we had both had enough, so we went home for a much needed map. I was so glad that I got to see Andrea and Amy and that they got to see Sean. We don't get over to Metairie, too much any more, but we keep in touch through pictures and blogs.

Later that night, I got a much needed girls night out. Thank you, Kenny! I went to eat with some friends and then we went to paint and have some wine. It was relaxing and fun. Sean and I both had a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment