Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sean Taught Me Today

We went to the park again, today. Sean is a backseat driver. The whole way he says, "turn here" and if someone honks a horn, he says, "what did you do?"! I was laughing and mentally exhausted by the time we reached the park. I saw a wagon and a tricycle there and new right away that the terrible 3's were going to rear their head! Sean took the wagon and said, "mine". This is his new favorite word. When, the little girl came to get her wagon, a huge tantrum ensued. The rest of the time at the park was spent with him repeating, "mine". Well, by then, I was tired and ready for nap and figured he was too. Boy, was I wrong. He decided not to nap today which is unusual for him and is making him more cranky, but I guess we all have our bad days. I've been taking deep breaths all day! Then, I decided to go for a walk with him. Our subdivision is one large oval. He rides his bike and it takes us forever to walk the entire oval. I'm the kind of person who wants to rush and get from point A to point B. Sean, however, is a "stop and smell the roses" type of person. He would stop and point at a tree, look in the woods, pick up a rock and look at bugs. The walk may have taken a long time, but he taught me to take in our surroundings and to breathe in the roses.
Love,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment